Ferzana Mia Attorneys
A dynamic boutique law firm situated in the South of Johannesburg, attending exclusively to the Administration of deceased estates, Notary and Conveyancing matters.
We are also BEE compliant and hold a level 1 contributor status as of 1st April 2015. We are a 100% black , female owned law practice.
At Ferzana Mia Attorneys (FMA) Our aim and Vision is to provide dedicated service to our clients.
Our foundation is based on Integrity.
Our priority is our clients.
We will endeavour to accurately manage our client’s expectations, identify their needs and requirements and to develop long lasting relationships.
We pride ourselves in giving each client personal attention and making each client feel important and to perform to the best of our abilities.
- Ferzana Mia has a Bachelor of Social Science degree from University of Kwa-Zulu Natal, which she completed in 1999.
- Ferzana subsequently went on to complete her LLB degree in 2004 at the then, (RAU) Rand Afrikaanse University, now known as University of Johannesburg.
- Ferzana also completed (cum laude) a Muslim family law course in 2001 at RAU.
- Ferzana completed her articles at Yusuf Ismail Attorneys, a general law practice based in Newtown, Johannesburg.
- Ferzana was admitted as an Attorney in 2007 and went on to become a Professional Assistant at the same firm.
- In 2008, Ferzana was admitted as a Notary Public.
- In 2011, Ferzana was admitted as a Conveyancer.
Areas of Expertise:
Property Law Service
At FMA we specialise in Property Law and our Property Law Department is dedicated to providing you with a full range of conventional services with regards to residential, commercial and Industrial Property. We place a high value on integrity, professionalism, efficient administration and communication with our clients.
Conveyancing relates to the transfer of ownership of land from one person or statutory body to another. We provide legal services relating to:
- Transfer of Immoveable property
- Registration and cancellation of bonds
- Subdivisions and consolidations.
Our property services also deal with transfers from deceased estates and matrimonial estates; contracts of sale, donation, lease and option agreements, application of certificates of registered title and consolidated titles and general property advice.
Our firm has the benefit of in-house conveyancers thus providing personalised service.
Our registration times are both comparable and in-keeping with the current demands in the property market.
In order to further accommodate our Property law clients our hours of service are not restricted to office hours and we are willing to assist these clients at their convenience.
Administration of deceased estates – Wills – Succession – Estate planning
The intention of the testator is the polar star by which we must be guided.
Buller, J., Smith v. Coffin (1795), 2 Hen. Bl. 444; id. Tindal, L.C.J., Wilce v. Wilce (1831), 5 M. & P. 694.
The Estates department at our firm handles various types of estates from sec 18(3) (Value less than R250 000.00) to estates exceeding R1 million, both testate and intestate. Our Estates department is run by an attorney and Conveyancer who has almost 10 years experience in the administration of deceased estates.
The Estates department is capable of handling and attending to the drafting of wills, redistribution agreements, liquidation and distribution accounts including the completing and finalisation of all the necessary preliminary documents for reporting estates, calculation of Estate duty and the distribution of assets, including the transfer of properties to the respective heirs. Our attorneys liase personally with all clients and examiners of the Masters office and therefore provide a reliable, personal and efficient service to all our clients. The Estates departments endeavours to maintain all time constraints imposed by the Act to the best of their ability in order to finalise the estates within the prescribed period.
Our Professional staff believe that the drafting of a will is of utmost importance which requires great deliberation and urgent attendance. The will speaks for the Testator and regulates the devolvement of his assets after his death.
Estate planning and the drafting of a sound will are fundamental to the concept of ordering one’s affairs in such a way as to derive maximum benefit for one’s property during one’s lifetime, and to enable one’s dependents and heirs to benefit similarly after one’s death.
Should these aspects (Estate planning and the drafting of the will) not have been properly drafted some awkward problems are bound to arise in the administration process.
Our Estates Department always strive to satisfy all our client’s needs by rendering a professional and high quality service
In view of Notary public requirements we provide the following services:
- Drafting of Antenuptual contracts both with and without accrual as per our clients specific needs;
- Drafting of special powers of Attorney required for property transfers overseas with the Hague Apostille attached thereto.
- Drafting of Bond Documents.
- Drafting of Notarial Deeds. Eg. Exclusive use areas
- Authentication of documents as required for various purposes eg. travelling overseas with a minor child/children, Identity documents, University Qualifications, etc.