Theart Mey Ramabulana Inc
WHO WE ARE
The firm was established in 1990 and presently we have 2 directors and a staff complement of 35.
We have 3 admitted attorneys of whom 3 are qualified as Conveyancers and 2 are Notaries. Our offices are located in Alberton and Pretoria at 82 Charl Cilliers Avenue, Alberton and Suite 2A, 1st Floor, Hatfield Gables North, 484 Hilda Street, Hatfield, Pretoria. Theart Mey Ramabulana Inc. provides expertise in commercial law, banking law, conveyancing, property law, deceased estates and wills and trusts. We have an established client base including the 4 major banks, financial institutions, listed companies and other “blue chip” clients. Our goal is to:
· provide cost effective, innovative and quality legal services;
· provide expertise in all major areas of law;
· be the preferred attorneys of choice to our clients;
· protect our clients interests without compromising their integrity or that of the firm;
· be amongst the leaders in our fields of expertise;
· set progressive BEE targets and to subscribe to a policy of employment equity.
Leon Isak Scheepers:
Qualifications: BProc, Conveyancer
Practice areas: Property law and conveyancing including transfer of residential and commercial properties, drafting and registration of mortgage bonds and notarial bonds, property developments.
Postgraduate certificate: Advanced corporate and securities law Conveyancer and Notary Public
Practice areas: Property law and conveyancing including transfer of residential and commercial properties, drafting and registration of mortgage bonds and notarial bonds, property developments as well as general litigation and commercial law.
Practice areas: Property law and conveyancing including transfer of residential and commercial properties, drafting and registration of mortgage bonds and notarial bonds, property developments, wills and trusts.
AREAS OF PRACTICE:
PROPERTY LAW AND CONVEYANCING
The firm provides an effective, professional and efficient service to its clients in every aspect of property law and conveyancing. Our clients include the major financial institutions, mortgage originators, property developers,estate agents, individual buyers and sellers, and government institutions. We are proud to be the recipient of a Standard Bank Eagle Award in 2006 in the category Best Performing Attorneys in Gauteng – Further Bonds. We are appointed on the panels of Standard Bank, Nedbank, First National Bank and Absa Bank. Other than standard conveyancing practice our experienced conveyancers have a wealth and depth of expertise in specialized areas of property law and have collectively completed about 50 developments and offer specialist services in :-
· Developments including consultation and advice on the planning of the project, excisions, opening of township register, proclamation, assistance in obtaining the necessary consents and transfers.
· Opening of Sectional Title Schemes and transfers.
· Subdivisions including obtaining the necessary consents from the local authorities.
· Shareblocks and retirement villages
· Registration of Notarial Deeds.
Conveyancing services in terms of the legislation, specifically promulgated for the former homelands and/or independent states. Our experienced senior conveyancing staff has the necessary expertise and administrative skills to handle large developments including both the transfers and bonds. They are proficient in Excel so as to provide regular and comprehensive reports to our clients on the progress of the development. We have competent support staff and sophisticated systems to provide the infrastructure necessary to render the high standard of service demanded by our clients.
Leon Scheepers (Director)
Dawid Basson (Director)
We have experience in acting for both corporate and smaller clients involved in all sectors of business. We specialise in:
· Advice on and assistance with due diligence investigations for acquisitions and/or mergers, which includes preparation of reports and also advice with regard to the feasibility or viability of clients objectives;
· Drafting, reviewing and negotiation of contracts of, but not limited to, employment, service provision or acquisition, shareholders agreements and related matters in the commercial environment;
· Commercial property transactions;
· Property leases;
· Company and fixed property searches;
· Property development;
· Formation of local companies;
· De-registration of companies;
· IT related contracts including outsourcing agreements, service level agreements, licensing agreements and website terms and conditions including e-commerce terms and conditions.
Dawid Basson (Director)
ADMINISTRATION OF ESTATES
We have experience in drafting of wills and trusts and the registration thereof as well as the administration of deceased estates.
Leon Scheepers (Director)
We acknowledge the restriction imposed by previous legislation on accessible justice to the vast majority of South Africans and we are committed to promoting access to legal representation to the broader South African community. Our policy is to provide cost effective and quality legal services and subscribe to a policy of employment equity through commitment and fairness
We acknowledge the necessity and value of employment equity principles taking into consideration the present need to encourage and develop previously disadvantaged groups. We are aware that historically access to our profession both by qualified professionals, candidate attorneys and secretarial and administrative staff was limited. Our employment equity policy is committed to promoting access to our firm, transfer of skills and promotes gender equality in an endeavour to redress the imbalances of the past. We strive to actively promote compliance with our statutory and social obligations, transfer skills by providing appropriate training, mentoring and support to staff members. We acknowledge the limitations of the previous dispensation with regard to promoting Black Economic Empowerment. We are BEE compliant and have been rated as such by Cofesa. We have engaged the services of Empowerdex for the current rating. In keeping with our policy of redressing the inequalities of the past, we are also focused on addressing the past economic imbalances and have we aligned our firm in accordance with our economic empowerment policy.
For current updates please also visit the following links: