Pam Golding Properties, Thesen Island Knysna
Part of Pam Golding Properties
Residential Property For Sale
Commercial Property For Sale
About Pam Golding Properties, Thesen Island Knysna
Knysna nestles on the banks of a beautiful lagoon in the heart of the Garden Route. Surrounded by a natural paradise of lush forests, tranquil lakes and golden beaches, property for sale here is very popular amongst house hunters and investors. And the jewel of this quaint holiday town? Thesen Islands.
Thesen Islands is a multi-award winning marina development located in the scenic Knysna estuary. The marina is spread over 90ha and consists of 19 man-made islands linked by 21 arched bridges and surrounded by 25ha of tidal waterways. Property for sale in Thesen Islands consists of 489 individual homes and 56 apartment units, known as the Dry Mill apartments. All the homes are built in a colonial maritime architectural style, conforming to Knysna’s vernacular architecture and its historical maritime and timber connections.
Find out more about living in Knysna and the properties for sale and rent in Thesen Islands below.
Explore Thesen Islands
Thesen Islands offers homeowners a wonderful base from which to explore activities and features provided by the scenic Garden Route:
• Featherbed Nature Reserve, accessible by ferry only, is a prime eco-tourism destination with nature trails and guided tours that offer insight into the history of Knysna.
• A few of the parks you’ll be able to explore include the Knysna Elephant Park where you can interact with the gentle giants and the Blue Hills Bird Sanctuary which is incredibly popular amongst families as children can interact with animals and birds up close.
• Visit the Tsitsikamma National Park and tackle the Otter Trail (ranked as one of the best hiking trails in the world). There are also a variety of walking trails and picnic spot in Jubilee Creek where gold was found in 1885.
• When you buy property in Thesen Islands, you won’t need much of an excuse to grab your bag and head off to either the Knysna Golf Club or Pezula Golf Course.
Living in Thesen Islands
With easy access to the mainland, waterfront, yacht harbour and bustling town centre, Thesen Islands real estate is a highly sought after investment.
• Schools: There are no fewer than 11 schools ranging from pre-primary to high school in Knysna.
• Shopping: Knysna Waterfront and Knysna Mall, not to mention the interesting little shops and market stalls you’ll discover.
• Sport: Choose from one of four magnificent golf courses, a number of cycle and running routes or any of the other sporting opportunities on offer. This town is a healthy one, so you’ll be spoilt for choice.
• Medical: Knysna Provincial Hospital.