4 Bedroom House in Fairmount
R 5 500 000
Lew Geffen Sotheby’s International Realty-Bedfordview
4 Bedroom House in Fairmount
R 5 500 000Can I afford this?
Whispers of sophisticated elegance in the Italian style .This Villa has breath-taking volumes and proportions of sophistication and beauty. It features an inviting grand entrance with a sweeping staircase leading to a lofty reception area overlooking the double volume entrance, boasting crystal chandeliers and stained glass feature windows. This area also houses the formal lounge and dining hall & is supported by colonnade pillars that feature in the house and on the exterior.
The Florentine pool is complimented by a manicured garden with a central fountain. The pool features a bridge that links the garden to the pool pavilion. This structure is fitted with a hand crafted bar and stacking doors that open to the pool. The pool house features a fully fitted kitchen and sun deck on the roof that is reached by a walkway leading off the main suites patio. There is a pool net specially fitted as well.
There are two more structures, one is designed for comprehensive staff accommodation and the other is Garaging for 4 cars with a flat above. This is suitable as a guest house, work from home or two bed rental to the local academic and religious community. The flat has its own carport for 2 vehicles.
The Lavish Main bedroom suite with dressing room and luxurious bathroom is open plan to a private study or lounge and this further leads to a balcony culminating in uninterrupted views of the suburb. Three more bedrooms feature downstairs of which two have outside entrances for noisy teenagers.
The entire property is Dog Safe, with numerous areas that are carefully demarcated for animal friendly safety. Several gates make the control of pets easy without having to lock them up when company arrives.
The kitchen features many hallmark distinguished features that grace this spectacular home. The bespoke hand crafted cabinets are topped with rare Blue Lace granite, imported from Brazil and set with many custom fitted appliances featured in a list below.
A perfectionist home. There is a an array of top quality finishes throughout the property including bespoke ironmongery, 5 air conditioners, a heat pump to heat the pool. There is piped gas throughout the building feeding 3 gas geysers and a gas stove connection in the main kitchen. (Stove not included in the sale) Provision has been made upstairs for a gas line to a fireplace if needed. There is a Jacuzzi next to the pool house and another double Jacuzzi bath in the main bathroom. However it is the intangible details that give this home its true worth.
* 4 Bedrooms in main house (in total)
* 2 Master bedrooms en suite.
* 1 Lavish Main bedroom suite is situated upstairs.
* 1 Lavish Main bedroom suite is situated down stairs at ground level
* 2 more bedrooms downstairs, 1 with outside access.
* 4,5 Bathrooms (one for the pool pavilion )
* Hand crafted Wedgewood blue kitchen
* Imported Brazilian Blue Lace Granite
* Double Sink & Prep bowl on a separate island
* Glass top Hob and double oven
* Feature Island with space for 4 chairs.
* Built-in Deep fryer and Steak griller.
* Built in accommodation for a TV Screen
Reception Rooms & More
* Great Room comprising of Lounge / Dining Room and grand staircase leading up to Family or media room
* Subterranean wine cellar & additional room as well as bathroom for pool pavilion
* Built in hand crafted bar in pool pavilion, as well as sitting area and full kitchen.
* Private Study or office in the main bedroom
* Large walk in custom fitted dressing room, just off the main bedroom.
* Formal Garden
* Florentine Pool with a bridge feature & fountains
* Separate Staff Quarters
* 4 car Garage in a separate block
* with a flat above with its own covered staircase
* Open plan lounge /dining & kitchen
* 1 large bedroom with patio
* 1 drywall second room
* 1 bathroom
* covered staircase
* Incredible views into the surrounding suburb
* Outdoor living area with built in gas Braai
* Subterranean wine cellar
* Upstairs open patio with sundeck
* Another open patio on lower suite leading into the pool
* All bathroom ceilings are tilled in matching tiles to avoid mould collecting.
* Prepaid 3 Phase electricity.
* Vodacom Satellite booster for connectivity.
* Comprehensive French drain system ensuring adequate drainage on the whole property connected to a sump pump for extreme conditions.
* Second suite has built in roof speakers for piped sound and TV
* Projector connection.
* DSTV connectivity throughout fitted in the wall fixtures
* All Bedrooms feature tile floors
* Bathroom ceilings are tilled
* All windows are Aluminium with timber finish
* Excellent Security, Electric fencing, Outdoor Beams
* Airphones to 2 master / Grand Room / Flat & staff quarters
* Generator connection (generator not included)
* Municipal Gas
* Switch back valves to electric geysers in case of gas malfunction.
Erf Size 1 034 sqm
Buildings 680 sqm
Rates and Taxes R 2400
Asking Price R5 500 000
Key Property Features
Share this Property
Need a Home Loan?
Experience Johannesburg CBD and Bruma
The Johannesburg CBD encompasses a vast area, ranging from the affluent areas like Linksfield, to more affordable areas like Hillbrow and Bruma. After years of being seen as a no-go area by many, the city centre has bounced back to being in demand again. A massive urban regeneration project has seen money pumped into the area and occupancy is up and crime is down - a sure sign that it's working. The Maboneng precinct, for instance, now attracts a hip, arty crowd to its bars, restaurants, shops and art galleries.