5 Bedroom House in Strand Central
R 7 900 000
5 Bedroom House in Strand Central
R 7 900 000Can I afford this?
The Van Reyneveld Manor is an imposing property built in 1822, positioned in just over 2000sqm of garden and grounds within walking distance to the Strand Golden Mile. The property is being comprehensively and thoughtfully renovated by the current owners and retains a wealth of period features including wide passageways and original doors, open fireplaces, high ceilings and all other great features. The generously-proportioned accommodation is flooded with natural light from tall windows, with many rooms also being dual aspect and enjoying stunning views over the garden.
The original T form 1822 Van Reyneveld Manor is the core of the actual building and consists of:
- A large and spacious central dining room with authentic marble fireplace. This room is connected at the one side with the original kitchen and scullery (remains of the old open oven) and the other side there is a hall leading to a spacious lounge with a fireplace leading to a patio, (the patio leads to another large room that can be transformed into a kitchen leading to the lounge).
- An office with windows to the stoep.
- A flat consists of 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and a kitchenette.This area has its own private patio and garden.
The first expansion of the 1822 manor was in 1880 and has the following rooms:
- A room which is called the music room with a fireplace.
- A bedroom with its original built-in cupboards
- A large bathroom.
- A private patio.
The second expansion was realized in about 1900 and it entailed the completion of a master bedroom (about 50m2) with an en-suite bathroom and also a room that can be used as a walk-in cupboard leading to another room.A kitchen area has been expanded into 3 smaller rooms.
The property also boasts:
- A 10 meter swimming pool and a outside room with a kitchenette.
- 3 garages
- 3 boreholes.
- Automated gates
In addition to the above the owners are including the 419 sqm vacant plot as part of the sale, positioned at the front of the Manor house.
The property is also surrounded with other dwellings and vacant plots which can be sold in its entirety including the Manor House
to the value of R 15 500 000.
The Estimate Rental Income for the surrounding dwellings:
Unit A - 2 x 3 Bedrooms - R 10 500 each (R 21 000)
Unit B - 3 Garages - 2 servicing Unit A & 1 servicing Unit C
Unit C - 2 x 2 Bedrooms cottages - R 7 500 (large cottage) R 7 000 (small cottage) (R 14 500)
Unit D - 2 x 2 Bedrooms apartments - R 8 000 each (R 16 000)
Unit E - 4 x 2 Bedrooms - R 8 500 each (bottom units) R 8 000 (top units) (R 33 000)
Estimate Total Rental Income per month: R 84 500
The property is a perfect for a holiday retreat, which is ideally positioned to enjoy the proximity to beaches, cafes and restaurants, shopping centres, and a selection of amenities.
This entire project is for a discerning person with an immense vision!!!
Please call in for further details.
Key Property Features
Would you like to watch a video tour of this property?
Share this Property
Need a Home Loan?
Surrounded by mountains and just a stone's throw from the beach, living in Strand feels like a holiday that never ends. Residents are friendly and always ready to help a fellow neighbour. The words ‘Hakuna Ma tata’ are the best way to describe the atmosphere in Strand. A small fishing and holiday town that always feels like home.
Apply for a Home Loan