5 Bedroom House in Muizenberg
R 5 950 000
Glendyr Dade Properties
5 Bedroom House in Muizenberg
R 5 950 000
This palatial family home offers more than you could possibly imagine. The unique architectural style provides fabulous spaces allowing you the opportunity to live out your dreams. It could be your very own cultural centre or just a quiet place for you to retreat to from your hectic lifestyle while breathing in the fresh, healing sea air.
The design of the house is exceptionally congenial, offering a North wing and a South wing, with many rooms benefiting from three aspects. Its vantage point overlooking Sandvlei nature reserve gives hours of pleasure observing the teeming bird-life on the estuary, including seasonal flamingos. Muizenberg mountain rises magnificently beyond the vlei, reflecting the early morning light, while sufficiently distant not to forfeit the evening sun. On a clear day you can see across False Bay to Cape Point in the South, Devils Peak in the North and distant views of the Helderberg.
The house was built in 1936 of the finest materials. Its architectural character and many original features make it a very impressive venue, with considerable versatility. It has hosted concerts, weddings, courses, retreats and workshops as well as being a wonderful family home, that would also be well-suited to multi-generational living.
Just as formal events are not out of place in the grandeur of the house, so the tranquillity of the back garden invites gatherings, both formal and informal. The spacious back garden faces North-East and is walled all round giving privacy and shelter from the South-Easter. A large Norfolk pine provides dappled shade as well as abundant bird-life, while various decorative paved areas offer spaces for braaing, outdoor meals or simply sitting in a sunny spot by the pond.
This splendid landmark property offers the following:
- formal spacious entrance hall leading to conservatory overlooking paved back garden
- two formal, inter-leading reception rooms, one a drawing room, the other a dining room, each of these rooms with original fireplaces fitted with wood-burning stoves. Both these rooms give access to the sleeping porch or sun room
- a magnificent kitchen with many period features, including beautifully fitted cupboards with English oak doors, one of these being a feature baking cupboard, and also a hatch to the dining room. There is a newly laid bamboo floor, and off the kitchen is a laundry/ironing room
- the rest of the house has original oak parquet flooring throughout and original teak window frames.
a sweeping oak staircase leading from the hall to a sizeable landing and thence to four spacious bedrooms, as well as a sun-room/study off the main and guest bedrooms
three bathrooms, one of which has a feature balcony with outdoor shower, and there is also a guest cloakroom
- adjoining one-bedroomed house-keepers apartment of a generous size (approx. 60 sqm), comprising open plan kitchen/living room with wood burning stove, bedroom and bathroom would make an ideal granny flat or rental option as it has its own private access onto Axminster Rd. as well as a separate, secluded, sunny courtyard
- a large garage and workshop with internal access to the main house, plus secure parking for up to five cars.
two solar powered geysers fitted with timers, two solar panels.
- alarm system.
Rates and taxes +_ R 2000 p.m.
Erf measures 990sqm the estimated size of the dwelling is 1000sqm
Total of 5 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, 4 reception rooms, 2 kitchens, laundry, various garden spaces, garaging and ample secure parking.
Muizenberg is very conveniently situated at the confluence of several arterial roads, as well as the railway line. Within easy reach are Baden Powell Drive, M5, M4, M3 and Ou Kaapse Weg making it an accessible central location on the False Bay coast.
There are schools, shops, beach, several excellent restaurants and cafes and the famous Muizenberg surf beach within a short walking distance.
Key Property Features
Share this Property
Need a Home Loan?
Experience False Bay
Affectionately know by residents as the “Deep South”, False Bay is a beautiful, laid-back area of Cape Town. It has incredible historical villages, beautiful scenery and nature, and some of the best beaches in Cape Town. All the areas of False Bay offer a safe home for families with a sense of community. The lifestyle in the South Peninsula is slow and life moves at a relaxed pace. It's the perfect area for people scaling up, slowing down or just wanting to enjoy all the benefits of raising a family in superb natural surroundings with easy access to Cape Town.Find out more about False Bay