See where South Africa's wealthiest reside.
“The national average cost for a property in South Africa is R700,000, whereas the average price of a property within an estate is R2m – nearly three times the national average,” says Paul-Roux De Kock, analytics director, Lightstone. But where are the most expensive estates? Lightstone analysed the median value for a property within estates:
- Villa Santini in Sandhurst, Johannesburg: R17,4m
- Silverhurst Estate, Cape Town: R16,25m
- Cloud’s End, Morningside, Sandton: R15,3m
- Les Maisons on Fifth, Hyde Park, Sandton: R14,875m
- Sandals, Voelklip, Hermanus: R13,9m
- 52 Barkeley Avenue, Bryanston, Sandton: R13,85m
- Steenberg Golf Estate, Cape Town – R13,425m
- Villa Fiori, Morningside, Sandton: R13,125m
- Central Park, Houghton Estate, Johannesburg: R13,05m
- High Constantia, Constantia, Cape Town: R12,85m
Take a look at some of the beautiful homes in these magnificent estates:
This article originally appeared in Neighbourhood, Sunday Times.