Those looking for the latest ‘must-have’ lifestyle products should pencil in the 21st of April into their diaries as this is the day ‘Box Living’ will be hosting their second ‘Eat, Create, Decorate’ lifestyle indaba in Cape Town.
This year’s indaba pays homage to Cape Town’s status as 2014 World Design Capital through offering the latest in food, art, fashion, design, décor and of course, wine. This one day experiential indaba will be hosted at Buchanan Square on Sir Lowry Road in Woodstock from 9.30am until 3pm.
• Von Geusau: Visitors will be able to indulge their every chocolate fantasy with never-before-tasted chocolate combinations at this stand.
• Waterford Estate Wines: Wet your whistle with Waterford’s award winning wines.
• Origin Coffee Roasting: Caffeine addicts look no further.
• Dave Robertson will be showcasing his inaugural art exhibition on the day.
• Signature Clothing will display their autumn and winter fashion and jewelry collection.
• Browse the latest eyewear from ‘The Oculus’.
• Pick up the latest in leather and felt apparel by Matblac.
• Artymiss Design Studio will exhibit beautiful laser-cut stationery and cards.
A bit about Box Living…
Situated in Cape Town, Box Living draws inspiration “from the simplicity of our natural world”. Every item in Box Living’s exclusive range of furniture and lighting is hand assembled, hand carved and hand finished. In other words, every piece is unique.
Box Living offers a number of lifestyle collections. Their inaugural collection, ‘Galeri’, is characterized by contemporary classic designs which draw on a bygone era. Features of the collection include exquisite detailing, intricate carving and lattice work rounded off by an on-trend palette of ten colour finishes. This range has since been expanded to include the Galeri ‘Travellers Edition.’
Box Living introduced their ‘Bloom Collection’ in celebration of spring. In line with its namesake, this collection is organic and fresh. Each meticulously crafted piece is inspired by the spirals and swirls of nature and in some instances, smacks of the ‘flower power’ of the 1960’s. Weaving, braiding and carving feature and materials such as antiqued steel, bronze, rattan, mahogany, teak and American Oak have been utilized.
Box’s ‘Snap’ collection is described as a “pret-a-porter’ selection of some of Box’s most sought-after furniture and décor. Off-the-shelf convenience and quality is a hallmark of this collection.
Box’s ‘Nipis’ indoor and outdoor collection is characterized by strong silhouettes, detailed tailoring and exceptional craftsmanship. The outdoor range has been constructed from weather resistant materials such as supple teak hardwoods, premium synthetics, ‘sunbrella’ fabrics and quick dry foam. The collection was established with the aim of creating superior outdoor living areas.
Box Living will be unveiling their new ‘Stylebox’ décor accessory collection at the Eat, Create, Decorate indaba. Visitors will also be able to purchase specially priced Box Living items on the day.
For further details, go to www.boxliving.co.za