“It is with great excitement that we are introducing the totally revamped look for the Institute of Estate Agents of South Africa (IEASA). With a rich history of over 75 years being of service to estate agents and the South African real estate market as a whole, the time has come to position IEASA as a more vibrant and attractive proposition to all estate agents in South Africa.
“The fresh new look is evident of our service to the real estate sector and our relevance in terms of being the only registered real estate labour organisation in South Africa.
“Under the new banner, our mission statement becomes even more relevant as we are servicing a total inclusive demographics in the real estate market: ‘to maintain, protect, promote, and co-ordinate the interest of the real estate agency industry and, in particular, of its members’.
“We envision that IEASA will move from strength to strength over the coming years and our relentless focus behind the scenes, to remain a pillar of reason for our members and the industry as a whole, will become even more evident. Currently IEASA is broadly represented both locally and abroad promoting, and acting in, the interests of every estate agent in South Africa.
“IEASA as an organisation is:
• A signatory to the Property Charter
• A full affiliated member of International Consortium of Real Estate Agencies (ICREA) which indicates that we are the exclusive South African partner to www.worldproperties.com thus permitting our members free advertising on the site.
• A Co-operating Association of the global alliance of National Association of Realtors
• An international partner and accredited CRS affiliate
“Directors of IEASA are seated on the following working committees:
• The national board of the EAAB
• The steering committee for Property Charter
• The steering committee for Services SETA Accounting Authority
• The Sectional Titles Board
• The Exco of ICREA
“These entities form part of the corporate value offering of IEASA and our focus on supporting our members in every way possible.
“The new IEASA slogan: TOGETHER WE MOVE FORWARD is evident of our totally inclusive vision of embracing all aspects of race and social structures in South Africa and to hold hands to ensure the success of all around us.
“Over the next few months, IEASA will launch some very exciting value offerings that will totally take your business to a new level. We are focused on offering enhanced and increased training and education, awards functions, as well as launching our very own corporate and social responsibility programme, which we want to extend to all estate agents.
“My best wishes for 2014.”
Jeanne van Jaarsveldt, National President, IEASA