Lonehill is more than just a place to live, work or play. It is an investment that appreciates with time while the investor enjoys the lifestyle of living in a Fourways suburb.
Said to be one of Gauteng’s safer suburbs, cyclists and runners take to the road anytime of the day, while mothers go for walks with their babies in trendy prams, and their dogs in tow.
Just over 10 years ago, Lonehill was the wild west of the northern suburbs until its residents, through the Lonehill Residents Association (LRA), organised themselves and appointed the Fidelity Security Group, renowned for its zero tolerance to crime, to patrol the area.
Since then, crime has declined significantly and it’s now a safe suburb to live in. According to agents in the area, Lonehill has become a sought-after and pricey investment location. While safety and security are top of the list for residents, the LRA also supports initiatives that focus on the environment and social issues to create a village-type lifestyle. This community lifestyle is visible in the calendar highlights throughout the year – from Movies in the Park to Mothers’ Day celebrations and various other functions all held at Lonehill Park. These events and other area-related matters are regularly communicated to the residents through various mediums such as Facebook and weekly newsletters.
What’s more, the LRA has now introduced a new security and emergency app; so help is available at the touch of the button.
Lonehill has a real sense of neighbourhood and community. Because of this, I thoroughly love walking, jogging and cycling from as early as 5.30am
Dr Lynn A Keeys, resident.
- 24-hour security featuring “Bobbies on the Beat” – street patrols
- Clean and safe public areas for residents
- The Lonehill Koppie, a popular walking spot for residents
- For those with small children, Lonehill has several nursery schools.
- Crawford College Lonehill for juniors and seniors
- Bryanston and Bryandale primary schools
- Kumon learning centre Lonehill
Things to do:
- Enjoy breakfast or lunch at Mugg & Bean at Lonehill Shopping Centre.
- Dine in style at Gooderson Fabz Garden Hotel & Conference Centre.
- Join Lonehill Camera Club for more social activities.
- Check out the LRA calendar for upcoming events at the Lonehill Recreational Park.
This article originally appeared in Neighbourhood, Sunday Times.
Take an aerial tour of Fourways here: