About the area
With a number of old homes, it also has newer properties mostly situated in secure estates, according to estate agents. Agents say this area in Fourways has developed over the last few years from smallholdings mainly into cluster complexes and homes in secure residential estates.
Buyers looking for high-end homes can buy into estates such as Castello River, Tanglewood, Tannenberg and Rockvale. These homes are mostly sought-after by professionals as they offer four and five bedrooms with large living areas and high-end finishes, according to agents.
Rose Moncho has lived in Beverley for 10 years and says its convenience and safety is unrivalled. “Beverly is a quiet suburb with a strong family appeal and relaxed lifestyle allowing for one to go for walks, run or walk the dogs, at the same time, catch up with neighbours.”
Moncho likes that the upmarket suburb of Lonehill neighbours Beverley making it easy for her to go shopping and meet up with friends. The Lonehill Park is another area of attraction. There is the Leaping Frog Garden Centre with shops such as Checkers for groceries, health and beauty stores, a post office and a number of restaurants – all that one needs really. Humble Harry’s cafe and restaurant and the Rodizio Brazilian Restaurant are a must-try for foodies at this centre. For further shopping, you can go to Lonehill Shopping Centre, Pineslopes, Fourways Crossing and Fourways Mall – all located within driving distance.
Close to the suburb, there are a number of affluent schools as well as entertainment facilities such as Montecasino, with three hotels, several restaurants, cinemas and two theatres all under one roof and catering for the whole family.
Beverly is a safe and convenient suburb, I couldn’t possibly think of a better place to call home
Rose Moncho, resident.
Best in food:
- The Brazen Head
- Rodizio Brazilian Restaurant
- Vovo Telo at Lonehill Shopping Centre
- Doppio Zero at Pineslopes
- Mythos restaurant at Montecasino
Top schools nearby:
- British International College
- Crawford College Lonehill
- Fourways High School
- Michael Mount Waldorf School
- St Peter’s Preparatory Schools
Things to do:
- Take part in a 5km park run at Lonehill Park Dam every Saturday morning.
- Visit the Montecasino Bird Gardens.
- Watch movies at Fourways Mall.
- Visit the Fourways Farmers Market on Sundays.
- Watch world-class theatre and musical productions at The Teatro at Montecasino.
This article originally appeared Neighbourhood, Sunday Times.
Take a spectacular tour of the Fourways neighbourhood here: