This neatly contained suburb is really all about an easy-going lifestyle in beautiful tree-lined streets.
The name Panorama speaks for itself. What a highlight to be able to see the magnificent Table Mountain, Signal Hill, and the coastline as you walk out of your front door, and that’s only the beginning of what Panorama has to offer residents. Home to numerous well-maintained parks, there is an abundance of play space and jungle gyms for children. Panorama also boasts top public and private schools, as well as the accessible Northlink College. That’s why the area attracts young families who do the daily school run.
Properties in the area range from R1,2m for a two-bedroom townhouse to R4,2m for a stunning five-bedroom family home with a view over the bay. For those in their golden years, the Fontaine Bleau retirement village boasts a neat appearance and is sought-after. It offers secure access and frail care, and, most importantly, it allows those wishing to retire to live independently. It even has its own bowling green. A two-bedroom cottage in the village might cost from R1,2m. Armed response vehicles regularly patrol the area contributing to the general air of safety.
Nearby Plattekloof offers a wide range of retail options and restaurants, and Century City’s Canal Walk is only 10km away. Panorama is also centrally and conveniently situated next to the N1. Whether you are heading to town and the V&A Waterfront, the winelands, or Cape Town International Airport, your travel time is approximately 20 minutes each way. Residents love the fact that the area is within easy reach of the beach as well as the Durbanville wine route. It’s not surprising that many people are settling in this suburb which has so much to offer.
Panorama is suburban living at its best. Large gardens, tall trees, meandering green belts and a variety of colourful parks encourage family walks and create lasting childhood memories.
Leah de Jager, resident.
Best in food:
- Head to Knead for an early-bird cappuccino and French toast (corner of Rothschild Avenue in the InterCare centre).
- Greens in Plattekloof Shopping Village is ideal for salmon trout on wilted greens, or the yummy chicken breast with lemon and Parmesan.
- Stop by Superspar for a cup of tea with a panoramic view while you do your daily shopping.
Top health-care facilities:
- Panorama Mediclinic hospital
- Panorama Breastfeeding Clinic
- A host of specialities in the neighbourhood: dentistry, dermatology, oncology and pre-natal classes
- 24-hour Veterinary Clinic (bottom of Uys Krige Drive)
- Tygerberg Nature Reserve
- Nieuw Maastrecht
This article originally appeared in Neighbourhood, Sunday Times.