A pair of Seeff agents in Durban have made history by selling the highest priced sectional title unit on Durban’s Berea.
Power couple, Roger and Glynis Hoaten, both licensees of the Seeff branch in Berea, struck a record-breaking sale this July.
The couple who are popularly known for their expertise in the property market, particularly amongst their upmarket clients have sold a sectional title unit for a surprising R18 million.
The sale has been dubbed the highest sectional title unit ever sold in Berea, since the registering of the area. It was purchased by a local Durban professional as one of his primary residences in the city.
Prior to this, R8 million was the highest sales figure achieved by the Hoatens for a property purchase within the same area.
According to the Hoatens, the Musgrave road apartment complex is exceptionally attractive and quite unique in comparison to other properties in and around Durban.
These are some of the features that make the penthouse stand out:
• The ability to drive directly to the apartment
• A Jan Blok-designed rooftop garden
• Travertine marble floors
• 360 degree views of Durban
• Basement parking
• An available Wine Cellar
• Staff quarters
• Private lift with direct access into the apartment.
Measuring up the property’s size:
• The area of the penthouse in total is 1653 m2.
• The unit itself is 735m2.
• The basement parking measures up to 353 m2.
• Private garden and additional parking on the penthouse level adds to a total of 565 m2.
Inside the exclusive penthouse:
• 1x Formal lounge
• 1x Dining room
• 1x Family/TV lounge
• 1x Home office
• 4x En-suite bathrooms
• 1x guest bathroom
• 3x Bedrooms
• 1x Guest bedroom
• 1x Roof-top garden
Adding visual appeal to the modern home are the fully fitted Caesarstone counter-tops that adorn the kitchen, which also boasts a separate scullery area.
To further enhance the home's beauty, all three reception rooms offer chic Travertine marble floor tiles.
A guest bathroom, adjacent to the entrance hall is also available to accommodate friends and family that may be visiting the apartment.
The penthouse also features a home / office study which inter-leads to the master bedroom. The main bedroom offers extensive built-in cupboards, two dressing rooms and a remarkably large en-suite bathroom with an exclusive-looking double basin, bath, shower and toilet.
The other two bedrooms accompanying the home is also equipped with lavish en-suites and built-in cupboards, as well as lush carpeted floors.
The fourth bedroom of the R18 million abode is a glamorous guest suite which is far from just average. The bedroom includes a lounge area, a bedroom and an en-suite bathroom. It also has direct access to the veranda and roof-top garden area which offer spectacular views of the city’s seashore, harbour and the inland area of Berea.
According to Roger Hoaten, Berea is considered the most valuable, charming and premium destination for savvy buyers. The suburb offers maximum convenience with easy access to schools, hospitals and major arterial roads.
Roger Hoaten adds "The Berea remains a premium destination for savvy buyers, offering exclusivity, charm, convenience (top schools, hospitals and access to major arterial roads) as well as great value. That said, we are currently suffering quite a severe stock shortage, possibly fuelled by the current political and economic uncertainty. This means that quality homes at the right price are finding buyers very quickly".
Samuel Seeff, Chairperson of Seeff Properties, predicts that many more big ticket sales are still to come for Durban.
According to Seeff, there are a few key drivers that are helping to unlock the potential for more deal-breaking sales in KwaZulu-Natal:
• The new airport’s emphasis on offering a better lifestyle through easy commuting at affordable prices has increased in popularity and has taken the city to greater heights.
• Tongaat Hulett is the single largest landowner for the area between the Durban Port and Richards Bay Port. It plays a significant role in ensuring the structure of land release is effective and well managed. The area has a few economic development opportunities, which are playing a significant role in taking the property market to greater heights.