The peaceful residential estate that is Fourways Gardens, in Johannesburg north, is growing fast.
Far from the madding crowd, Fourways Gardens boasts its own nature reserve described as a “tiny piece of untouched Africa”. The residential estate is one of the eight suburbs of Fourways, one of the fastest developing commercial and residential nodes in Johannesburg north.
Developed by Angloprop, an affiliate of Anglo American Company, the estate offers over 1,000 homes and park areas so residents can enjoy the outdoors without leaving the estate.
According to local estate agents, the attractive lifestyle and improved infrastructure in Fourways contribute to the increasing demand for homes within the estate. The estate appeals to upper middle-class buyers from all age groups, from large families with children to mature couples whose children have left “the nest”. It is particularly popular among corporate expat tenants and diplomats from various countries.
While those looking to buy in the estate can expect prices to average around R3,7m for a small entry home, it’s worth noting that the highest price paid for a property was back in 2011 when 40 Coral Tree fetched R9,32m.
This home is located on a double corner stand measuring nearly 2,000m2 with spectacular views over the lake, park and clubhouse area. Fast forward to 2016, the property has been re-built and back on the market asking for nearly double the price at R17m, according to the agent.
“I love the convenience of living in Fourways Gardens despite traffic when commuting to Sandton. It has all amenities at hand, from schools, to shopping, entertainment to weekly markets, I don't regret buying a property here.” Thembeka Khumalo, resident
- 24-hour estate security
- Check out the ducks and birdlife at the two parks within the estate.
- Indulge for less at the Fourways Gardens Clubhouse.
- Choose from tennis, soccer/rugby, bootcamp or join the running club.
- Take up a different activity and choose from drama, yoga or Pilates.
- Crawford Pre-primary and Preparatory in Craigavon
- Crawford Lonehill schools
- Dainfern College
- Fourways High School
- HeronBridge College
- Book your next function at the clubhouse.
- Head off to Montecasino for a night out.
- Visit Cedar Square Cinema Nouveau and Ster-Kinekor Fourways Mall
- Check out the Fourways Farmers Market every Sunday.
- Fourways Mall and Dainfern Square
This article originally appeared in Neighbourhood, Sunday Times.
Take a journey through Fourways here: