Home buyers continue to flock to the Midrand area in Gauteng due to the value for money, accessibility, and numerous amenities on offer.
Estate agents in the area say Midrand has become a key growth area, with properties that are priced right mostly selling as soon as they are listed.
According to estate agents, there’s ongoing commercial growth in the area with an increase in young professionals, first-time buyers and investors who have recognised the value for money o¬ffered by Midrand.
Beverley Bogatsu has lived in Midrand for the past three years and loves the fact that it’s close to Pretoria and Johannesburg, and easily accessible from the East Rand and West Rand. “It has all the amenities that I need, from schools to shopping. Midrand is an ideal place for me to live in.”
Beverley says the Mall of Africa is a welcome addition to the many shopping facilities in the area. She says she likes to visit child-friendly eateries such as Wimpy, McDonald's and Steers with her young daughter.
On weekends, she likes to visit China Mall or the refurbished Boulders Shopping Centre. For the most part, she enjoys spending time at home with her daughter as the suburb is tranquil and peaceful. For an evening out, she says News Cafe is a hot spot for drinks and socialising with friends.
Midrand has some of Gauteng’s top amenities including the Kyalami Grand Prix Circuit, Kyalami Country Club, equestrian facilities, Virgin Active gyms, and excellent schools such as Reddam House Waterfall Estate and Beaulieu College, among others. Beverley says buying in Midrand is investing in value, especially for first-time buyers, pointing out that over the years, and with the development of the Gautrain Station, property values in the area have increased.
“I love living in Midrand because of its accessibility, value for money and amenities,”
-Beverly Bogatsu, resident.
- Bounce Waterfall: for outdoor family fun
- China Mall: for shopping
- Glen Austin Bird Sanctuary: for a variety of bird species and beautiful surroundings
- Kyalami Racing Circuit: to get your heart racing
- Mall of Africa: for entertainment and retail therapy
- Virgin Active: for a workout
- Adega: for Portuguese cuisine
- Mythos: for Greek cuisine
- Milhaus Food and Wine Bar: for exquisite dining
- News Cafe: for world-class food
- RocoMamas: for burgers, ribs and wings
- Blue Hills College
- Cedarwood School
- Curro Waterfall
- Glen Austin High School
- Halfway House Primary School
- Midrand Primary School
- Reddam House Waterfall Estate
- Beaulieu College
- Summerhill International College
- The Valley School (pre-primary and primary school)
This article originally appeared in Neighbourhood, Sunday Times.
View more of the neighbourhood here: