Schindlers Attorneys and Notaries
Schindlers Attorneys is a medium size, full service law firm situated in Melrose Arch, Johannesburg with a complement of 16 partners, 40 attorneys and over 40 support staff.
The aim of the Schindlers Conveyancing Department is to partner with sellers, purchasers, estate agents and developers in order to assist in the efficient transfer of immovable property.
The Conveyancing Department’s professional team comprises 6 attorneys and over 20 experienced paralegals. A paralegal is assigned to the day to day running of a matter and works closely in conjunction with a member of the professional team. The Conveyancers are always available to assist in queries relating to any transaction dealt with by our offices and any other legal issues.
Our offices attend to the transfer of immovable property throughout South Africa. Similarly, our offices attend to mortgage bond registrations on behalf of First National Bank, Nedbank, Standard Bank and Investec.
Our location in Melrose Arch renders our office convenient and easily accessible to clients from most areas around Johannesburg. Our offices are close to the M1 and all linked highways, and we offer secure, free parking in our building. We have another office at Aspen Office Park, Aspen Lakes near Mall of the South which caters for clients in and around the Johannesburg South area.
Property Due Diligence
Our Conveyancing Department advocates an approach where sellers and estate agents are encouraged to attend to a property due diligence before marketing and selling immovable property. In doing so, the parties are paving the way to a smooth conveyancing transfer process by preparing for this during the marketing phase of the process.
In assisting with the due diligence exercise, we can provide:
• Obtain Deeds Office searches
• Investigate caveats and / or interdicts
• Obtain information copies of title deeds
• Obtain copies of sectional title plans, body corporate rules and financials
• Obtain copies of building plans from the local authority
• Draw Special and General Powers of Attorney
• Advise on resolving rates / billing issues
• Provide 90 days’ notice to the banks pursuant to the National Credit Act on behalf of sellers in respect of the anticipated cancellation of their mortgage bond
• Draft complex annexures / special conditions clauses for insertion into agreements
• Advise on VAT / transfer duty issues; and
• Advise on Capital Gains Tax legislation and liability.
Full Service Law Firm
In addition to offering conveyancing services, the firm possesses expertise in a wide range of legal fields, including commercial work, litigation, criminal law, matrimonial law, and labour law, amongst others.
Our attorneys are well known for their expertise in property law related matters and have appeared on television and radio shows, including Carte Blanche. Our firm furthermore hosts a weekly radio show on Mix 93.8FM which focuses on a variety of legal aspects of interest to the public.
The conveyancing department further has access to an accounting team of 6 Accountants, including a Chartered Accountant.
We have a number of support resources to provide a holistic service to our clients including 3 full time drivers who assist with deliveries.
In particular, our associated teams assist with the following property related issues:
• Resolution of municipal rates and billing issues;
• Re-registration of companies or close corporations that have been deregistered by CIPC;
• Formation of trusts and trust advice in general;
• Advice on complex VAT and tax related transactions;
• Advice on South African Reserve Bank issues and the repatriation of funds to foreign countries;
• Drafting co-ownership and co-habitation agreements;
• Litigation around property related disputes.
In conclusion, we are well equipped to offer a superior conveyancing service. We have the necessary expertise, experience and resources.
Please feel free to contact any one of our conveyancers on the following details: +27 (0) 11 448 9600 email@example.com